We are proud to welcome Daniel Winter to the Acumen Consulting team.
Daniel and his wife Rachel moved from Birmingham, England to New Zealand recently and joined the Acumen Consulting Wellington team on 1 May 2020 as Senior Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Functional Consultant while we were still in lockdown with everyone working from home.
With a degree in Business and Management, including modules in Accounting, Management Accounting and Strategic Finance, Daniel is also a CELTA qualified English teacher. He tutored a variety of students ranging from children (8-11) to adults and professionals aiming to improve their conversational English.
Daniel has been working as a Dynamics NAV consultant from 2014 and has worked in different industries and with Dynamics NAV systems ranging from standard to highly bespoke.
In addition to his functional abilities he also has some technical knowledge, can read code, debug and make basic modifications to NAV.
Daniel has extensive knowledge in a broad skillset including:
- A highly professional approach to communicating with customers
- The ability to clearly explain complex technical issues to individuals with varying degrees of technical understanding
- System knowledge across multiple functional areas
- A good understanding of financial practices and how they are facilitated by Dynamics NAV and Business Central
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to work both proactively and reactively as called for
- The ability to translate customer needs into concise development specifications
- Experience gathering and analysing business requirements across a range of industries and working with customers to ensure the successful implementation of systems
- Confidence in delivering training to customers on multiple functional areas
- Working as part of a team where it is necessary to be multi-skilled and take a hands-on approach to work
As well as being the lead consultant on several different projects, he also held a position of Jet Reports expert, designing and developing complex reports and training end users so that they could continue developing reports in-house.
Daniel holds a strong grasp of data structures and is able to facilitate the use of data in business decision making.
Welcome to Acumen Daniel!