In our fast-paced and ever evolving business world, customers have come to expect a high level of service and goods delivery. Whether you are the customer or the supplier, measuring Delivery In Full, On Time (DIFOT) or On Time, In Full (OTIF) has become a crucial metric in the Key Performance Indicators in Supply Chain and Logistic Management.
But why is DIFOT so Important?
Measuring the performance output of Delivery in Full, Delivery On Time or both means that you are always measuring the rate of success of your business and can set a benchmark for this. Consistent performance in these metrics means that you can set higher goals and continuously improve.
Conversely, if you are not performing in a certain area, you are able to identify at which point you need to improve and make discernible changes to your business that will impact your customers positively.
Measuring the delivery of the product changes the focus from the business to the customer. Every customer will ask themselves two questions:
- Did I get what I ordered?
- Did it arrive on time?
This makes DIFOT reporting a two-stage set of reports and Acumen has gone the extra mile to remove the hard work out of getting the data from your Dynamics 365 Business Central into a Power BI report allowing you to measure performance and filter data that is relevant to you. For example:
- Reviewing the percentage and/or number of orders that were delivered on time vs. those that were shipped on time allows your business to review gaps in the delivery process.
- Reviewing the percentage and/or number of orders that were only partially delivered allows your business to review gaps in the Inventory Replenishment, Manufacturing, Forecasting or Pick processes.
- Reviewing the percentage and/or number of orders that were delivered in full but not on time allows your business to review gaps in the shipping process
- Reviewing overall DIFOT performance against set goals allows you to maintain an auditable and achievable improvement roadmap
- Location Filters allow you to see whether one Distribution Centre is performing better than another
- Inventory Filters allow you to consider your top performing and under-performing Items
The Acumen Difference
Knowing how Dynamics 365 Business Central works and our familiarity with the ins and outs of the system allows us to be able to track the metrics from Customer/Vendor Level, right down to the individual Receipt/Shipment Lines. We realise that life is not simple, and the one-to-one rule generally doesn’t always apply, so tracking Multiple orders with multiple lines that have multiple shipment dates and multiple shipments can be tricky without the right tools.
At Acumen, we have created an easy to use dashboard with multiple hierarchies of information so you can get the data you need to succeed. If DIFOT is something you need to consider, give us a call and we can help.
We’re Acumen, where consulting truly means something.